Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Why Granola Mama : What It All Means

I've had quit a reaction from some friends to my self-title: Granola Mama. Therefore, I feel the need to explain how I arrived at this place in life.  Grab some coffee or a Diet Coke, and get comfy ladies; here goes.  I used to be 'Poshy poshy poo-poo' and a Dazzling Urbanite (per the Hub), adn there are parts of me that still are and still enjoy being that way.  However, my life took a drastic change ten years ago when The Hub and I moved to a small town and started a small family... which has now grown into a large family still in the same small town, and very happily so.  No longer could I remain stagnant - I had to change... adapt... evolve!!! So I did! I am still the same Opera singing, Diet Coke lovin' lady with so many new attributes!  THink of it as me, with broadened horizons and loosened leash!!!!  A more tie the skirt up around the knees wade through the crik kind a gal who'll pick up the crawdad for the kids... but wait! Are those toes, pearly and peekin' out of the water,  perfectly polished?  Yep!!! A slap on the dreaded satan suit and spend hours at the lake tubin' with the kids, and see an Opera LIVE with The Hub in Paris, France.  I also had the joy of seeing Pavorotti LIVE (on the 28th row) in Dallas several years ago, but had spent the morning with the kiddies at Veggitales LIVE!!! Talk about the complete spectrum of entertainment! I like jazz, and the jazz dance at my daughter's recital.  We are building out in the country (which in MH is only 10 minutes from town), but I plan to have more than an open fire to cook over.  You get the idea.  It reminds me of a nice yummy bowl of granola: grains and oats, nuts, fruit (OK - I'll take my own pot-shot... I'm a little fruity and nutty - ha ha ha) and I like honey on mine!!! Bunch a stuff all mixed together, but darn if it ain't GOOD!!! (I am from Texas originally - I can use ain't).  And just to show ya I mean it, I drink both bottled water AND water straight from the tap (in this country, that is - not when traveling abroad - that's just dumb there). Think about it; pretty good description of me, if I do say so myself!!!!  Night Ya'll!!!!

No comments: