Saturday, July 26, 2008

MY SEVEN DWARF NAME

If I were one of the seven dwarfs,... which would make them 8 1/2, I'd be known as Lumpy.  I say this with all seriousness, because I contacted Disney (OK, in my great imagination, but for the sake of my blog we had a really nice chat), and the only name available to me - once we saw and reviewed my photos - was Lumpy.  It fits.

So Sister M'Bellish and I were reviewing the hardships of childbearing and rearing, in reference to a wedding I am going to for two lovely younguns, just out of college - so much time to have fun, do stuff, start their careers, and Sister M'Bellish commented, " What's the hurry? What's the rush to get married? Why, you can have babies into your 40's!"  My response "But look what they have done to me in a lesser decade!  They've killed my thyroid - what would they target next?"  We all know that there isn't much left of the brain function on a daily basis, and a day with lots of problem solving or decision maxes me out for the week!  Even as I type I ahve to sonstantly correct my spelling (thanks to speel check) or else it's just a bunch of jibberish!!!!  Perhaps it's better to get hitched and get the childbearing outta the way.

However, who I was when I graduated from college would NOT have been a good mother, and THANK YOU LORD I did not marry the fella I was dating at the time - no, I mean really, THANK YOU LORD!!!!  I guess for me, it wasn't better.  And that 's left me being a better wife, mother, and Eight and a half Dwarf than I ever thought possible.  There's more than one dwarf's worth in me!

So I'll wear my title, "Lumpy",somewhat proudly,... and pray we get the thyroid straightened out SOON!!!!!  Otherwise, it might just stick (like when mom said your face would freeze that way)!  Oh, Disney's on the horn.... 

No comments: