Monday, July 28, 2008

Dear Geni-Soy

Here's a draft of my letter to Geni-Soy

Dear Geni-Soy,

I have been a faithful consumer of your Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Brownie flavor Geni-Soy soy bars for going on three years.  I look forward to my morning ritual of my "Soy Bar" and Diet Coke.  However, I recently purchased your newly labeled bars, expecting the same delightfully chocolaty taste, creamy texture, and healthful 14 grams of soy protein.

Boy, was I surprised!  My first bite was not the creamy dreamy sensation I am so accustomed to, but chalky and somewhat dry!  I thought perhaps it was just that particular bar, so I discarded that one, and tried another.  It was disgusting, too!

What have you done to my delicious breakfast bar?  And why?  There are times to improve on a product, and there are times to leave it the heck alone - this is the latter.  Even my kids wondered what was wrong!  I liked  the bar so much that they would sneak them behind my back; I am convinced they would drink yak's milk if I drank it but wouldn't let them have any. Funny, this doesn't really work with brussel sprouts (but I digress).

So, we entreat you to return to the original recipe, a veritable taste sensation.  Until then, we shall be forced to eat brownies for breakfast.  Know I hold you corporately responsible for my ginormous hiney.

Sincerely,
Desperately Disappointed in the Ozarks

No comments: