Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Week of Matt

The Week of Matt (the Hub) is quite a phenomenon: The Hub has a whole week off frequently to schedule his stuff... extra procedures, clinics, fishing, haircut, basketball, POW WOWs, the list goes on.  For me, this is usually the week of torture, as his schedule comes crashing into ours with the force of a meteor!  I have learned to expect the unexpected - ie., notification of tomorrow's fishing trip... tonight.  He's an exceptional dad and hubbie, but, let's face it, having a week to do your will must be really nice; and it, unfortunately, usually messes up our schedule.

A hint of jealousy? Perhaps, because I don't have a week to get my stuff done - heck, I could solve world hunger and immunize at least two or three nations plus clean out the closets and defrost the freezer with a week off; not to mention, catch up on all my scrapbooking!!!  Let's face it, women are better multitaskers.  I often find myself feeding the kids, the dogs, the hammies, sweeping the floors, reading the mail, operating on an appendix, and giving birth all at the same time... and the kids still get to school on time!  Women amaze me.  We can comfort a crying baby, break up a sibling brawl, answer the door, water the plants, and talk on our home and cell phones simultaneously - show me a man that can do that!  Perhaps that's why he needs a whole WEEK to get his stuff done... I could do with a day, though.

No comments: