Monday, July 28, 2008

On the subject of Excuses

First off, the Hub still thinks I am overreacting to the whole 'concealed weapon' issue - he is wrong.  We have agreed to disagree, which is in mature married people language the way to say "hey, I know you are wrong but for the sake of NOT having to sleep with one eye open,... or WORSE, admit you are right, I'll just say that it is your constitutional right to think the way you want to; just because we are married doesn't mean we have to agree on everything!"  This also was HIS idea,... which means I am right and he is WRONG!  I am winning....

So, today I had another hypothyroid moment (according to the ever-reliable internet sources, hypothyroidism has as some of its symptoms weight gain - ya think?- fatigue - big surprise - and poor memory - cha-ching!)- I forgot my massage appointment, for which I do profoundly apologize.  But, that made me think of how fun it would be to make up stuff and tell people crazy made-up reasons why I am forgetful - besides the four kids, husband, six hamsters, and two dogs (I would so LOVE to take them OFF the list).  So, her goes:

1. I was abducted by aliens and probed... twice. I liked it.
2. I was called by UNICEF and WHO for hunger relief in Afghanistan and India; I'm still there.
3. I joined the Witness Protection Program (this REALLY has so many up sides for me) and am no longer Katie, no longer live here, and no longer know who I am talking to or what about.
4. I was on a very important conference call with the President.
5. I work for the CIA; I can't say more - I'd have to kill you.
6. I got a job 'outside the home'.

I think all of these are pretty darn funny, and delivered with a straight face, could prove for some interesting talk about town!

OK - I think the Hub has a real valid excuse, should he need one! He's walking through the house yelling "POOPS! POOPS!! make sure these boys don't fall asleep!!!"  I'd say senility.... 

No comments: