Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baby Olympics

As I drifted in and out of sleep last night nursing #4, and having spent endless hours with the '08 Olympics playing so I can catch some of it as I buzz in and out of the room, I realized that we, The Wilsons, had us an Olympic Champion of our own, right here in our humble little town!  In fact, seeing as how much of a champion she is, we would need to create our own games,... just for her!!!

I've come up with four categories, much like the women's gymnastics has; here are mine, and the reasons that #4 is really the Baby Olympic All Around Gold Medalist (unbiased, objective, and 100% certifiably true and organic):

1) Vaulting, or Soaring Beauty: #4 is definitely a perfect 10 (on a scale of 1 being 'why did you bother entering?' to 10 being 'did it hurt when you fell from heaven?').  NOTE: there's really no need for discussion here; I know of no one who could possibly say otherwise, and if they did they'd be a big fat liar.  She's angelic gorgeous. Someone thought she was a DOLL, she's so perfect!!!  Wow! I feel better already!

2) Uneven Bars, or Pulling Up: once again... champion!!!!  At 7 months she's pulling up (I must admit that this is totally not kosher with me; so, now that she's won, we won't need to worry about her walking early b/c she'll never touch the ground again,... or until she's 1.  Seriously. Not joking. At. All.)

3) Beam-ing Smile: OMG!!! Once again, she has the big 1-0!!!!! Seriously, she crinkles her tiny button of a nose and does this little 'sniffy' thing that just eats you up all over with joy!!!!  Complete strangers (with exceptionally great, wonderful, knowledgeable taste) tell me how beautifully angelic her darling smile is - sickening but oh, so true!!! (OK, I must confess that I'm making myself a wee big nauseated, but I will forge on in pursuit of journalistic truth and excellence, and because I feel this incredible OCD urge to finish what I started, no matter how bad.)

4) Floor Exercise: Perfect 10!!!! No one is cuter, or has been, ever,... in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD (thick enough?) crawling across the floor, singing her little babbly songs, and shoving any and everything into her adorable toothless mouth!

ANd that clinches it, folks, the winner of the '08 Baby Olympics,... aw, shucks, the Forever Into Infinite Baby Olympics All Around Gold, nawww, Platinum Medal is (drum roll, and really good theme music - like, maybe the Olympic theme song?),... #4!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the crowd going wild, just wild, I tell you! The riot sticks are comin' out! People are shouting, crying, and throwing money, ... YO! HUB! Grab some of that dough, baby!)

And if you don't like my version of the Baby Olympics, too bad,... make up your own! THese are mine! ANd she's a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Again, one of those days when I wonder if one can really drink too much Diet Coke - and if I'm proof. Just a thought.)

Autographs are $10, BTW. (hers, not mine, dorko!)

No comments: