Monday, September 1, 2008

We're All a Bunch of Hypocrits

We are. It's true. To some degree, we're all in this boat together... or are we?  I think some folks knowingly or unknowingly, however the case may be, sail their own cruise liners of contradiction.  I'd like to think mine is more of a dingy, but I'm sure I'm the captain of another cruise liner of some sort, or even two!!! So, I'm not without sin either... this I know; no need to start commenting NOW in order to enlighten me as to my particular sins... one by one I'm sure... I have a sister for that, thank you very much!

The Hub spoke with the Jellyfish last night, and the latter mentioned watching the Olympic events, and his usual soccer games, on the computer, as the Black Widow will not allow them to own a TV;  apparently this form of informative viewing (or recreational - the choice is yours - THERE IS AN 'OFF' BUTTON, ya know!) is "beneath her",... either that or she wants to live under a rock!  She'd rather read papers on her computer, about three daily - I don't know about you, but who the heck has time for that?  Thirty minutes of CNN, and I'm good for the day - I know who bombed who, who married/divorced who, who' s threatening to bomb who, and what the world thinks/ is doing about it; plus, I get local weather and a little local news - works for me.  

So, I really found the fact that they WATCH MOVIES, and SPORTING EVENTS, and WORLD EVENTS (like political events) on their computer, yet THe BW sees it as "acceptable", SOOOOO HYPOCRITICAL!!!!!!!!!!!  I'd like to therefore, make the following announcement.

Attention Black Widow and Jellyfish:

YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN THE REST OF US!  BECAUSE YOU CAN AND DO USE YOUR COMPUTER TO ACCESS THE SAME VIEWING LINE-UP AS THE REST OF US CAN WITH CABLE, YOU ARE EFFECTIVELY EMPLOYING YOUR COMPUTER AS A (GASP!) TELEVISION!!!

IT COUNTS, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WATCH TELEVISION - NAH NAH NAH NAH POOH-POOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So stop acting like the rest of us are poor mindless amoebas and ADMIT IT, you bunch of Pansies!!!!!!!!  You watch TV!!!!!!  AND YOU LOVE IT!!!!  You probably want to own your own station so you can brain wash the rest of us into thinking that we don't watch TV, too!!!!!!!!!!!


Golly, I feel better!!!!  Seriously, do these people think they are fooling us? Themselves, maybe, but I find their condescension with regards to this/ and everything, a thin, veiled  attempt to boost self-esteem: the ol' "I'm better than you because...".  And aren't we all guilty of that?  I know, I said I wouldn't use this blog to write poignant essays that might change your life (this would be the example of the ol' " I think I am better that you because I obviously am...." J/K!!!), and most likely, honestly, it won't! But it has made me think about how I can change myself and stop the whole, "I'm better than you..." because we all have our quirks (yes, I do have more than the average bear).  

For example, I know folks that won't drink or dance or curse or skip a day of church because of the brand of religion they subscribe to, but they'll gossip like a bluebird in springtime!!!  And they look down on me, and probably talk about me too, because I make mistakes!  They have to drive the right car in the right jeans and keep up appearances - heck, I'm good in The Minivan, in whatever jeans I can zip that day and I wear sunglasses so that no one knows who I am because I probably didn't finish my make-up (do I hear an AMEN?)!!!!!! I see NO WRONG in a good boogie, or a dry Chardonnay, and YES! I do curse sometimes - but I really try not to as the BIble says it's offensive to God;  but it also says I'm sinful - SURPRISED????  That means that I too will gossip (or fail to use correct punctuation in said poignant essay)!  So, I am no better  because I get that it isn't about keeping score but about just running the race AGAINST MYSELF and keeping my eye on the finish line.  I cannot lord that over those that keep score, because I do that , too.

And I watch some TV (though I think TiVo and the cell phone - which they can watch TV on too! - are among some of our greater inventions),... AND SO DO THEY! SO THERE!

There endeth the lesson, Grasshopper!

No comments: