Tuesday, January 6, 2009

WHERE R U?

So surprised to see NO comments to my last blog... the one about the weight loss Christmas card? Keep up, people, keep up!  Well, the New Year had to come in with a bang, as #3 decided to shake his groove thang while standing on the edge of the bathtub (we have never, nor will ever demonstrate this move... or any move naked on the edge of the tub - he's 4 1/2, it was his own original idea).  This resulted in the right front baby tooth being SHOVED up into the gum ALL THE WAY, and in the process nicking the bone; that's what happens when you fall and slam your mouth - teeth in particular - on the edge of said tub.  OUCH!!!!  Also, he moved a few other teeth, but they will be OK.  We are praying for the tooth to come on back down.  

I just want to let you know that not only will he need therapy for this, but so will I.  Folks, we are talking SERIOUS pain and LOTS and LOTS of blood... and shaking, on both parts.  I'm still having nightmares!  Now is NOT the time to cut back on the Diet Coke, Elixir of Life.

The Hub did a nice thing - he bought me a Sonic gift card for Christmas... loaded with $100!!!!  Whooo - hooooo!!!! Or, so I thought until he made the snide comment about how quickly it would dwindle with my current DC habit.  Which irritated me... because he's right. And that irritated me too!  So, this morning I cooked his goose... I pilfered through his wallet for a nice crisp $20 with which to purchase my beverages. HA! Now, I'll just use some of his wallet's cash (b/c, you know it is all 'our' money), and my Sonic gift card will last much longer than anticipated by the Snarky Hub, and I will win!  And he will not be the wiser!  He might think I've cut back and quit riding my case (OK, he's so laid back that it really isn't riding, or nagging, or even suggesting,... more like a benign comment here and there... or more there; but for the sake of this blog, he's relentless!!!). I am a genius.  GO ahead, adore me!  I know, I know, I am again your hero!!!!

*NOTE: I would type 'heroine', which is the female of hero, but it looks like I am comparing myself to an illegal mind-altering substance, which I am totally against using.  And I am not comfortable with that comparison at all.  In fact, I have a wedgie, and am not comfortable period.

But, as I type, I am heating water for a delightful glass of Nas-Tea.  Sound delicious?  Guess again.  I bought this 'tea' (it really is high quality oolong chinese tea) off the internet after reading about its natural antioxidants and surprising appetite suppressant effect.  Well, I can tell you their secret on the latter part really easily... it tastes like a dirty dishrag has soaked in greasy water for a few days in 140 degree heat with a side of wafting dog poo.  Seriously.  It is NAS-TEA!!!! And this is what I call it!

Now, it may have enough antioxidant properties to counteract all my DC consumption, but no special recipe can knock that taste, I tell ya... IT.IS.BAD.  But, I spent money on it (OK, I have done stupider things you know... no need to bring any of those up now though), and I will therefore drink it.  And I am almost through my first box!!!  OH, yea, I have more than one box - yeah me.

Funny thing, though it doesn't really suppress my appetite (must be one of those unlucky ones), I have actually acquired a taste for the tea.  Sure hope it isn't like the Greek gum....





2 comments:

Jen said...

You are way more deviant than I ever give you credit. Nice way to pull the wool over his eyes. Great job. If we could all be like you!LOL

Jill said...

I agree with our sister jen. No way could i ever be as deviant as you. Lord i am sending a prayer for you. :0)
As far as the Christmas card but thing. Some people have no idea what an actual big but looks like. Give me the name and e-mail and i will e-mail a picture of one. HELLO people.
So sorry to hear about #3 I have been there with my #2 & #3. #2 simple slice the forhead open. Bent over hit a metal piece of a dock. BLOOD ALL OVER. #3 jumping on mommies bed, sliced lip open needed stiches in and outside. also sliced the upper gum which they tried to stitch (no pain killer for either of us) Love them all.
P.S. Nevada is beautiful.