Thursday, January 22, 2009

Live Bait

This would make a GREAT name for band, don't you think?  Well, I do! But this has nothing to do with bands.  Today I am driving the UDM back from the little riverside town of Cotter where she currently takes lessons, when I see a sign that says: 

TAKING CONSIGNMENTS
BOATS              CARS
LIVE BAIT

Huh? Really? I can leave my dog there and someone will pay me to take him and use him for live bait? Perhaps I should jot that number down!!!

Seriously. In the world of advertising, what does that mean?  Are there some seriously bad parents that might try to drop their kiddies off, or hamster overrun homes in need of quick and profitable relief? What KIND of live bait? What's gonna eat what? And what's my profit margin here?

I saw another sign yesterday that said: "No alcohol in our gasoline. We have kerosene."  Now, I don't know about you, and I certainly have no degree in chemistry, but I think that isn't a very good idea!  I have decided that the gasoline there might be more than I bargained for.

All this to say, please, say what you mean!  Kinda like the age old dance of 'lets get the kids to bed early tonight', which can mean various things to men and women: the games on, Gray's Anatomy is on, I wanta go to a 'brodown' (see urban dictionary for that one), I wanta do some serious scrappin' tonight, they're buggin' the ever lovin' snot outta me, or 'do ya want to?'

Nothing like being straight forward and to the point.  So, on that note... I gotta go pee-pee. Bye, ya'll!!!!

No comments: