Sunday, December 28, 2008

Those New Year Resolutions

For those of you that were not aware, I don't 'do' resolutions at the beginning of a New Year.  I feel like if you want to change something, then do it. No need to wait 'til January 1st, or Monday, or next week. Just get on it. 

But this year may be an exception.  Oh, yes, something happened to precipitate this; be patient, I'm getting to it.

Today I received a holiday greeting from my former boss at BRMC, a fellow dietitian. Not surprising, as we send Christmas cards every year, and the occasional birthday card... and that is all.  I have no other contact with her through out the year, except the incidental 'bump into at Wallies' or something like that.  So, no surprise.  This year, she'd written a lovely message inside and included what looked like a copy of a newspaper article - I thought perhaps something that made her think of me.  Oh,  was I apparently right.

Like me, she has a blog. Big surprise.  She suggested that I check it out sometime. Sure. No problem.  Or so I thought.  Then, I glanced at the article.  My jaw dropped. It was a full fledged article about the First Place 4 Health Christian weight loss program she directs in town, and a nice little note about how I might want to come.

I S*&@#$% YOU NOT!

She actually sent this to me, after seeing me maybe once IN A CHOIR ROBE ( not the most flattering attire ) since the birth of #4.  I weigh a little more than the pre-baby weight, but if you read carefully, you will see that I HAVE HAD THYROID PROBLEMS!

I stood in the kitchen totally speechless... totally.  I don't think I have ever told someone outright that they are a fatty and need to lose a few 'lb's'.  I don't think I ever would!  Weight is something very personal, and everyone has their own issues about their body and body image. But apparently, her 'boundaries' are not the same as mine, and she failed to see that suggesting I join The Biggest Loser via a Christmas card wasn't exactly sharing the spirit of Jesus!!!!

I am completely stunned and obviously offended.  The size of my derriere is my friggin' business, folks, and I would appreciate it staying that way.  (no talking amongst yourselves, hear?) The fact that the Hub has yet to pack my bags and load me onto an aircraft carrier headed to the Chunky Farm means that I am not at critical mass... yet. 

And so, I have decided to make a New Year's Resolution:

1. I resolve to take Miss "You look like two ton Tessie" off my Christmas Card list.  And I'm writing Santa.  And telling her mother, or God, whichever is easier to access.

And I'm thinking about sending her some type of nasty comment on her blog... just thinkin', mind you...

No comments: