Saturday, January 17, 2009

A new spring in my step...

Yes, my new title has put a new spring into my step, a new lilt into my laughter, and a new twinkle in my eye! I am immensely happy about my new royal status.  Seriously. If you look at history literally thousands of kings and queens were self-proclaimed, self-appointed... so, I am all for it! I am simply repeating history, like millions before me, who have done so in big and small ways.  Sure, some of these royalnesses assumed the throne under violent and bloody circumstances, secret coupes, but I am a peaceful, benevolent ruler.  As long as we do it my way.

And my new kingdom, Ninnia, has thrived while my royal consort was away, thanks to my wise and tireless leadership... yep, I'm great.  The baby is officially "weeble walking" around the house, which is by far the cutest thing ever, and the Masses have not revolted yet; we've had some interclan grumblings, but nothing that a healthy dose of love, time outs, and/or ice cream couldn't master!  All hail, Her Royal Highness, Queen Kathryn the Great! ( I imagine trumpets and cheering masses at this point, maybe some confetti too!)

I'll take that parade now.

So, the Hub has returned from his wanderings (translate: week away with work), and the Masses are already wailing and nashing teeth; I can see that he might be a bit of trouble in the Kingdom of Ninnia, so I will have to make sure he's aware of my new status, and that he pays due homage; diamonds are always good!

Otherwise, it's to the dungeon and off with his head! 

No comments: