Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I feel lousy

BUt not too lousy to go buy scrapbook stuff, which always elevates my mood!  In fact, I am converting another lost soul to the truth and light of scrapbooking - I oughta get a reward. I am so happy to help another member of womankind, though men can scrap too, we are equal opportunity hobbiests, discover the hidden artistic historian within her/himself!  Seriously. Someone nominate me for the Nobel Prize in Fabulousness!

I have found two converts recently, which the Hub says I have "sucked into the black hole of scrappin' ". This makes it sound like a bad thing... which it is NOT, and he should be smacked silly with wet noodles for such comments (hey, get in line, sister!).  I pointed out that it wasn't like I'd gotten them hooked on ancient world painkillers (see yesterday's blog - keep up, ya'll), and he retorted "it's almost as bad!"  Pardon? How could it be as bad? 

Quality time with friends, or oneself, preserving priceless memories (which the Hub cannot remember b/c of his unbelievably horrible memory, which I have used to my advantage... "you said it was okay...", "we talked about this..." "don't you remember...?"  Girl, I am good!!!!). 

No substance addictions, or abuse - hey, the Diet COke thang has been around a WHOLE lot longer - so how could this be bad?

Is it the money?  Seriously. I spend less on scrappin' supplies than some folks spend on one pair of shoes (OK, that 'folks ' is moi, but I have VERY skinny feet and it is hard to find shoes,and I would GLADLY pay less is they would CHARGE me less... amen?)  And he doesn't have costly hobbies?

Let's review shall we? Oh, we shall. He has a river boat (cha-ching), countless expensive fishing rods (cha-ching), at one point SIX sets of NICE drums (we are down to two three now... cha-cha-cha-ching)... and the man likes his I pods... at least the ones he's managed to NOT lose... 

We could be here all night.  So once again, I am right and the Hub is wrong. Not surprised. The world's a better, more beautiful place because of moi.

I'll be writing my Nobel Prize acceptance speech now...

*NOTE: the author (moi) doesn't really think so highly of herself as to realistically think she deserves a Nobel Prize in Fabulousness. She exercised creative license, inflating her ego to heighten the humor of the above piece.  Although  the Hub IS wrong, as usually usual.  A prize in General Greatness is just fine.

No comments: