Tuesday, December 16, 2008

TIs the Season to Be Moo-ing

Well, I missed a fun holiday party last evening - one that we could take the kiddies to - because we had two fevers, one case of the die-ugh-ree, and two pink eyes. So, the hostess a darling wisp of a gal, brought us leftovers!!! Now ain't she sweet?  I'm on to her sinister plot though,... take the leftovers to the Wilsons so that THEY can get all piggy and fat, not me! Well... it's working.

No sooner had she started her car than the Masses began circling me like vultures over a dying rabbit.  What's that? Is that for us? I'm hungry! And on and on until after sixty seconds of the constant verbal abuse I caved and heated 'em up and served the fam.  Yumity -yum-yum-yum... and MOO MOO MOO!  

Amazingly, my kids ate artichoke dip, stuffed mushrooms, dip on their fruit,  crazy, huh?  Now we all know that if I'd have spent hours slaving over a hot stove, whipping and tossing, sauteing and stuffing, that not one of the Masses would have touched a bite - they'd have rather starved!!!  But, since this delightful and dear gal made it, it is the food of the angels above (which we thought so too, but mentioning that doesn't help my point here).  Fickle little devils!!!  Thank goodness I have more delicacies for tomorrow night - yeah me!!!

And in other news:  Fat Annie Found at Local Animal Hospital

Fat Annie was located, thanks to the diligent work of her owner, at a local vet clinic.  She was struck by a car in her escapades Saturday evening, and carried to the clinic by a concerned citizen.  Fat Annie suffered a fractured pelvis, but is expected to make a full recovery in a few weeks; until then, she will remain at home with her loving family.  Thanks again to the wonderful couple who rescued her and sought medical care for her.  "We are using this time to renew our bonds with Fat Annie and help her heal. We are all here for her", commented fantastic owner. Good luck, Fat Annie.

Gotta go pet my doggie...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good God woman! We will be sending this on to the CDC. You need serious help or maybe just a big bunch of booze! Which one? To be continued....