Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Great Panty Raid

I have a few things that particularly delight me:

the baby belly-laughing
me belly-laughing
the fresh, crisp taste of a Sonic Route 44 Diet Coke, especially at Happy Hour
a delightful glass of La Crema Chardonnay (can you say 'smooth and buttery'?)
my kids playing nicely together
a scrapbook magazine in the mailbox

I only go to the mailbox anymore with the hopes that I'll be rewarded for my walk with a nice, new, crisp (very into crisp, evidently) scrapbooking magazine waiting anxiously to be read ( and I bet they are anxious to be opened, folks).  I have been known to disappointedly put the mail back in the box because it wasn't what I wanted; I do eventually bring the mail in after a few disappointing days, to make room in the mailbox for a magazine, of course!!!

So, today, my dear friend Sister Lunch Lady (oh, and she needs to be sooooo glad that I didn't change her back to Sister Whoopi after yesterday at the Spa and today's evil-doing!  Just shows how unbelievable GREAT and FORGIVING I am!) was with me and I pulled the passenger side of the UDM, where she was sitting, up to The Box, and asked her to please grab my mail.  And low and behold to my wondering eyes what did appear, but a Creating Keepsakes my dear (had to make it rhyme.)!!!!  Well, Sister Sticky Fingers thieved, denied it, and I sooooo busted her!!!!  What kind of friend, let alone Sister, repays your love and kindness by stealing one of the things that brings you the most joy?  Sister Sticky Fingers (aka, Whoopi, and Lunch Lady) that's who!  So, I did the only thing I knew to do...

I stole her panties. Not just one pair... all of them... the clean ones, that is.  See, she is at a Christmas party and not at home, and her darling daughter was babysitting for me and I had to drive her home.  And I stole each and every pair of skivvies she owns - which it turns out is quite a few... I have never seen such a crammed full panty drawer!!! She probably only has to wash once a month, or once a year!!!!  It filled a 13 gallon Hefty Tall Kitchen Garbage Bag!  THat is some serious panty action, there my friends!

Oh, I left a note, for sure! Can't wait 'til she finds them ALL GONE tomorrow morning!!!  Paybacks are hell, and so is commando on a cold (think 27 degrees) December morning...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Go get her girl! She deserved every bit of the sweeeet revenge. Seriously she calls herself at sister. I laugh at that. I don't think so. You know the #1 best friend would never do anything to break our friendship or the code of sisterhood. Oh once again another sister way out of the circle!
Jen

Katie said...

And i apologize for all the false accusations, dear #1 Sister! I was soooo wrong! I love ya, gal - but not SSF, or should we say, FOrmer SSF?