Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Beast Goes into Hibernation

OK, this is a different 'beast' than I usually refer to with the Scrapheads - this is the Soccer Mom Beast.  She is defined by her excessive enthusiasm during her sons games, coaching from the sidelines, yelling behind parents taping their kids' games, and inability to sit during said games!  This Beast requires Sonic DC, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a fair ref - plus a friend or two to hollar with (very important, otherwise the Soccer Mom Beast is a loner, which is NOT the norm for this particular animal!)!!!!

Also, this Beast tends to know every kid on the team by first and MIDDLE name - useful when someone kicks the ball into the wrong goal!  She isn't afraid to tell her own kid to pay attention and get in there and get that ball - she does exhibit good sportsmanship when he scores his 8th goal by not yelling, yet again, 'that's my boy!!!"

THis Beast is ME!!!!  I was never one to cheer at high school games or college games, and really have very limited experience in the sports' knowledge arena, but I make up for what I lack with pure enthusiasm and motherly love - and I have A LOT of that!!!!!  It doesn't hurt that the boys LOVE this game, and really want to play, and play hard... that they LOVE to score, and they LOVE to hear their mama cheering for them.  And I have reassurance from the HUB that I have yet to embarrass him - love the 'yet' part; nothing like a challenge!!!!

So I have the winter to regroup, save my voice, and learn a little more about the game - THE BEAST has to train too, ya know!!!!  Can't wait for spring... and a full moon, and a good soccer game... the transformation will begin,... and baby, I'll be back!!!!

GOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Me too! Most people say they always know where my kids are playing by my cheering, and whooing! Keep up the good work.