Monday, October 27, 2008

The Scrapheads

This is an important story. Better crack the DC now!  A few years ago, I began scrappin'; it was August of 2002 - oh, I remember it well.  I then introduced a few friends to this incredible pastime and hobby, and thus was born our group,... The Scrapheads.

We got our name from the Hub, who likened us to the Grateful Dead followers in our faithfulness to each other and our cause.  There were originally three Scrapheads, and slowly, we initiated others deemed 'worthy'.  But, as time went on, we had to boot a few out due to their traitorous ways: these are dubbed the Sorry Sisters.

Each member of the organization has an official name, given to them by the two (remaining) founding members of our esteemed group, myself (Sister Maniac), and Sister Scout. The meaning of the name is contemplated seriously at length and even tested for accuracy and 'roll-off-the-tongue-ability'.  Only when we agree is the name officially bestowed on our prized friend.  Not everyone is privy to the meaning!

I just thought  that you, my readers, ought to know a little bit about my Sisters, who keep popping up in conversation.... They are conversation worthy!!!  Right, Sister Whoopi - hee hee hee hee hee!!!!

No comments: