Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pick Your Powers

SO, I was thinking tonight that I would love to create myself as a super hero. What super powers would I have? What would people call me? Would I be immortal? Invincible? Overly muscular? Or just buff enough? What would I wear? (you knew that was coming)  Certainly not satin tights, that's for sure!!!  

I picture myself as the soccer mom, dashing to yoga class with my decaf green tea..., when suddenly (!), I get some sort of signal via my iPhone (ha ha ha Sister Whoopi), and I have to detour to save the world!  I'd certainly be soooo techno-savvy, and cutting edge fashion cool (because my heroine has a rockin' bod); my heroine would age VERY slowly - I'd look fab at seventy;  but most of all, I want one specific power... the "Do Over".

Yep, I would possess, among other things, the incredible and much coveted ability to 'reset' and do it over - with one advantage: I would be able to remember what I had done wrong the first time (hey, this is my fantasy, and I can do what ever I want)!  Wouldn't that be great?

Have a fight with the Hub? No problem! RESET!  Say the wrong thing? No problem! RESET!  Make obscene gestures at someone in traffic, only to find out it was your pastor? NO PROBLEM!  RESET!!  Eat too many mini Milky Ways? RESET!  Oh, I so see all the possibilities here!

Frankly, I think this is more useful that the running faster than a locomotive (who says that anymore?); who uses trains anymore, though I do love to remember the sound of the trains as I lay in bed at night as a child (yes, that's a REAL memory).  I digress.  What good is it if you beat the train, but have toilet paper hanging from your shoe doing so? RESET!

I would be able to redo what I messed up, and know how I messed it up!  Love this idea.  So many times I've said the wrong things to the Masses, and I just know they'll nail me on it in therapy someday - I'd just love to be able to take 'em back, and get it right.  Or, I keep doing the same stupid thing, and wonder why the result isn't getting better.  Just think: RESET!  And my supergal button would have an exclamation point at the end. Life's too short to live it unenthusiastically!!

And for those of us that are raising kids, think about resetting, and finding out that you aren't the reason your kids are messed up!  What if you could go back and be the perfect parent and know that it isn't all your fault.  I think that'd help alleviate a lot of guilt in the world.  In fact, I think it could eradicate a whole classification in the ID-9 system, and totally ruin Freud's thoughts on what makes us tick irregularly.  This could be big!

ANd I'd be powered by Diet Coke.  And no one would charge me for it.  Or make comments on how much I consume.  And I'd be able to fly.  Wheeee!!!!!!

SO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO/HAVE AS SUPERPOWERS IF YOU WERE A SUPERHERO?  Comment and let me know - I might need to add it to my repertoire!

No comments: