Friday, March 13, 2009

Forget the Dome

My husband's truck has its own ecosystem. I used to joke that amidst all the dried, rotting apple cores/ burgers and fries/ chocolate smeared candy wrappers/ lollipops/ and various sports beverages, something had to be cooking itself to life. 

Well, today I saw proof!!! I feel like the people who've seen Bigfoot, or Nessie. I am a pioneer in my field! It was too fast, too elusive to get a photo, but I got a really good up close look at its eight spindly legs, pale segmented body, and general creepiness!

IT WAS A SPIDER!!! REAL. LIVE. ARACHNID. CRAWLING. IN. THE. TRUCK. WITH. ME!

He claims that is his antitheft security system, but if you could see how dirty his car is, you'd know that NO ONE on either side of the Mexican border is desperate enough to steal this truck!  He also claims that the adhesive seats are a part of the safety mechanism - if the seatbelt won't work, the seat keeps you glued down. NICE.

I NEED TO BE DELOUSED AFTER RIDING IN HIS TRUCK!

Proof positive that there is some type of life form besides roaches that can survive a nuclear holocaust.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey girl... I found your blog the other day, from the Scrapbook Addictions Blog Role. I read it all the way back to the beginning. :) I haved missed your funny stories, and this was a great way to catch up. :) I can't tell you how many times I literally laughed until I cried... thanks for the therapy. I added your blog to my favorite list, so I can keep up. You are too funny. You should really have your own column. :)

Katie said...

Thank you! So wonderful to hear from you!!! I will try to keep up the 'good' work!!! Looking forward to hearing from you!!!