Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our wee little doggie, Miss Stella Rose

I thought my next fur baby would be a little Shih Tzu, a successor to Rainey (Satan Incarnate/ Mr. Pee-Body) in physical form, just with a new and improved personality. Apparently, I was wrong.

I feel like I say that last phrase a lot... says a lot about me, now doesn't it? Anyway, I digress.... My BFF Sister Scout wove a tangled web all right, and I ended up with a Chihuahua pup (10 months) about 12 days ago.  She went to buy one for herself... please note that I was NOT PRESENT... and ended up with two, hence the panicked phone call, and threats to reveal my deepest, darkest secrets, or worse, terminate or friendship all together, unless I came to get the dog.

I let her sweat... then drove out there.

Miss Stella Rose is the epitome of a little lady: quiet, sweet, mannerly, potty-trained, and loving to all the children.  And BFF is still the BFF; crisis averted.

I told the Hub that it was a necessary move given my options, and that if I hadn't taken Stella, then he'd have to talk to me all day about the same mundane things over and over, and it would ruin the mystery in our relationship, thus leading to general dissatisfaction with one another and our marriage, and ultimately divorce!! And it would be all his fault because he didn't want another dog right now! Did he think he could live with the single-handed death of our love??? Could he look his innocent wide-eyed, trusting children in the face and tell them it was all his fault??????

He looked at me with the same tolerant gaze I have come to know for the past thirteen years of marriage, meaning "aren't you just the most adorable, creative, big-hearted, sweet woman, and isn't it great on your behalf that I love and adore you and tolerate all your crazy antics??"

So, Stella Rose is sitting in my lap, adorned in a blingy collar with her name on it, and snoozing quite comfortably; I'd say she's adjusting quite well. So is the Hub... :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

:) I will have to remember that one....