Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Extending Circumstances

Today was a real red letter day: I saw the Hair Guru (henceforth to be known as 'The Guru", due to proving his worth in all things hair related, and on the subject of St. Joseph, who is to be buried upside down in your yard). Oh, he does do wonders for a girl and her frolicking springtime locks!!

Per usual, we caught up with one another, and I trusted his expert hands to trim, tame and coif my lustrous mane of curls. When what to my wondering follicles did appear, but three spiraling chestnut extensions, my dear! Glorious, glossy, and glamorous to boot - he fixed them in my hair, and then with a scoot - shooed me out the door!!!

I WAS GIDDY! I WAS DELIGHTFUL! I WAS SIMPLY DIVINE!!!!!!!

I pranced through the rest of my day tossing and stroking my perfectly coiffed curls that now extended nearly TO THE FLOOR! (OK, this might be a slight exaggeration,... but they were long!) Paparazzi popped out from behind parked cars to snap my picture, strangers opened doors and tipped their hats, the sun even shone a bit brighter just on me. My children were obedient, the Hub an absolute dear, and my dear friends expressed undying devotion and loyalty. YES!!!! This is what I was born for!!! All this time, just waiting on the secret to being...

DIVINE

And so I am forced to go on this way.
What a burden to bear - greatness!
Darn you, oh Guru, Darn you to heck!

Oh, and can I come in tomorrow for you to fix my hair???

DISCLAIMER: GRANOLA MAMA KATIE IN NO WAY BELIEVES SHE IS GREAT; ONLY THE HAIR EXTENSIONS. AND THE GURU. AND ON FRIDAYS - DEFINITELY GREAT ON FRIDAYS. AND SOMETIMES ON WEDNESDAY MORNINGS. BUT ONLY SOMETIMES. BUT PRIDE IS IN CHECK. EGO TOO. YEP, IT'S ALL GOOD.





2 comments:

Jessica said...

Quick.... what is his number? My frolicking springtime locks could use some of his wonderous power. :)

(Just kidding, not that I couldn't use it. :)

Katie said...

Ah, Jessica, the GUru can be found at the top of the hill, where the sun rises on the warmest day of the year, when the eagles take flight on the strong Gulf breeze... or on College Street at Changes by Adam 424-4340. Tell him I sent ya!!!